COVID-19 Update: Click for Letter from Elders
We are learning as we go. Here’s what’s up:
- Sunday Morning. We are planning a hybrid gathering for Sunday, with some gathering in person at Owen Park and others joining via zoom. For more info, or to view our gathering after the fact, click here: BR Gatherings.
- Spuds. Each spud is proceeding at its own pace. Contact us if you’d like more information on that.
- Thursday Night Light. Recognizing that this is an especially difficult time for our friends on the street, the ministry of Thursday Night Light is continuing, with some modifications. For more information on that, click here. The Merchant is also striving to stay open at this time. For updates on that, you can look at the Merchant Facebook Page.
- Communication. I’d like to encourage you to ‘like’ our Boiler Room Facebook Page. We are doing our best to post up-to-date info there, as well as connecting with other resources that are available.
- Psalms Prayer. Join us on a prayer journey through the Psalms, every morning (Tuesday - Friday) at 8:30. To join, call this number: (339) 209-4471. Catch up on the days you miss by subscribing to the podcast.
Welcome to the Tulsa Boiler Room
Welcome to the Tulsa Boiler Room. We are a ragamuffin collection of people who love Jesus and are seeking to follow Him with all of our hearts. We are well aware that we need one another in this pursuit, and we are committed to living out the Gospel in the context of spiritual family. The boiler room is a local church with a focus on serving the poor and making known the wonderful love of Jesus to the lost and broken. We are a church of churches, with simple churches that meet in homes each week, and then come together on Sundays.
Our primary gathering each week takes place in homes. We call these 'simple churches,' or 'spuds,' and this is where we experience life together as the family of God. A spud is a potato plant, and we like that name because one spud multiplies into many, and they grow in the earth -- out of sight, behind the scenes, underground. That's what we want to be in our city. We're not looking to be the big name or to make a huge splash. But we do intend to grow by reproducing God's life within us. We'd really love for you to join us. For details, see below. Click the photo at the right for more information.
Sundays at the Merchant
We gather together on Sunday mornings at the Merchant, 605 S Peoria Ave. The Merchant is a place of hospitality and welcome for the poor and a prayer room for the city. On Sundays we intentionally invite the homeless and unchurched to join us. People begin stopping in usually by 10:00, and we enjoy coffee and fellowship together. At 11:00, we begin our ‘official’ worship service. We focus on worshiping Jesus and looking to the Scriptures for a brief message. We’d love for you to come by on Sunday and join us! For more information, click the photo on the right.